CAREER OPPORTUNITIES at Interfaith Philadelphia
Click the job title below or keep scrolling to see our currently available position
Full-time position in Philadelphia, PA
Since its founding in 2004, Interfaith Philadelphia has challenged the region’s residents to dare to understand one another. In order to promote social harmony and interreligious and inter-group understanding, Interfaith Philadelphia equips individuals and communities for interfaith engagement, builds collaborative relationships, and stands in solidarity with our diverse neighbors. Our bold vision is to have our region reflect the vibrancy of a religiously diverse democracy, one in which all people are valued, distinctive traditions are welcomed, and people of diverse backgrounds collaborate to shape a just and compassionate society.
Summary of Position
The Communications Director will advance the mission and vision of the organization in dynamic ways that help us meet the needs of our time, and have cross-sector impact. This position oversees Interfaith Philadelphia’s strategic and day-to-day communications work including program registration and promotional materials, website management, social media, among other responsibilities. They will also provide operational leadership for the organization and oversee responsive programming during crisis moments. The Communications Director will supervise our Communications and Program Associate and report to the Director of Institutional Advancement while the Executive Director is on Sabbatical, and will then report to the Executive Director.
Manage and oversee all communications, marketing, and media communications, working with the whole team to bring our mission, vision and programs to life. This includes the implementation of email and social media communications, media relationships and press releases, keeping the website current, and more.
Develop and implement a Communications Plan, consistent with our core values, guiding principles, social media guide and DEI commitments to carry out, resource development strategies, branding and promotion of Interfaith Philadelphia’s new and existing programs;
Lift up stories from our program areas that reflect our uniqueness, expertise, and impact in addressing the social context and critical challenges of our times;
Staff a Communications Advisory Group consisting of Board members and community leaders;
Build and manage agency website, keep it fresh and current with updated events calendar, and oversee development of video and multi-media materials;
Develop promotional, print materials, merchandise, and coordinate our presence/ tabling at public events;
Create and/or manage agency electronic communications and back-end technology for semi-weekly newsletters, program registration materials, the agency blog, monthly digest, multi-faith holiday greetings, etc.;
Create and produce our Annual Report, including program participation, impact stories, and data;
Create and troubleshoot registration, evaluation, and other Form Assembly forms, including their integration with Salesforce;
Maintain and grow agency relationships with local media, press, communications professionals in peer organizations, etc.;
Represent the organization on select intergroup relations task forces in the city as appropriate;
Responsive programming and strategies:
Stay alert to developments and trends in the field as well as current events, and recommend a range of responses that align with our mission and vision and impact our constituencies
Advise and assist with responsive and rapid-response programming and strategies in critical moments
Help draft and manage public statements, Op Ed pieces, Letters to the Editor, etc.
Field outside requests and monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org account;
Oversee and address general technology and equipment needs;
Maintain and organize the organization’s bank of photos, videos, presentation and “pitch” materials, Annual Reports and other historical documentation;
Monitor trademarks, copyright, and other Intellectual Property;
Supervision: Communications & Program Associate, Communications Interns, and other staff as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
● 4-8 years communications and marketing training and experience, ideally in a nonprofit setting.
● Interest and passion for our mission; familiarity with interfaith relations, multi-cultural, multi-faith constituencies, the city of Philadelphia, and its neighborhoods.
● Strong writing and verbal communications skills, including the ability to collect and tell stories
● Demonstrated experience directing communications for non-profit or other relevant organization
● Strong in strategic thinking, perspective, and direction while maintaining attention to detail
● Strong interpersonal and management skills
● Creative thinking and sound judgement, especially related to intergroup sensitivities and sensibilities
● Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
● Willingness to explore new strategies and learn new skills and technologies
● Fluency in Salesforce, Wix, FormAssembly, Campaign Monitor, and graphic design software (any of Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Gimp, etc.) a plus
● Photo/videography and video editing skills a plus
Salary and Benefits
● $55,000-$60,000 salary, commensurate with experience
● Healthcare benefits, generous PTO, 401(k), professional development
● Hybrid work schedule